The Next Generation Philanthropy Fund at the Central Valley Community Foundation was created by young professionals and emerging leaders living and working in the Fresno/Clovis community. Building on CVCF’s expertise and reputation, members have established their own approach to supporting our community. Next Generation Philanthropy (NGP) has a vision to connect, cultivate, and inspire the next generation of philanthropists to take action in their communities. NGP’s mission is to become the premier training program for the next generation of board members, civic leaders, and community activists in the Central Valley.
Requirements for Participation:
- Contribute a minimum of $1,000 per individual / $1,500 per couple to the fund
- Attend monthly lunch meetings on the third Wednesday from 12:00pm – 1:30pm (NGP has a strict attendance policy for all members who wish to maintain voting rights)
- Participate in a service learning project with a cause or organization determined by NGP
- Serve on one grant committee
NextGen Philanthropy Grants
- Helped complete the Restaurant Makeover Project through the Downtown Partnership
- Were the sole sponsor of a Social Innovation Camp with Junior Achievement
- Helped expand a Leadership Development Program with Every Neighborhood Partnership
- Helped expand a Recreational Afterschool Program for underprivileged youth through the Freewheel Project
- Provided some of the initial capital funding to restore the oldest building in Fresno on the Fulton Mall through the Downtown Fresno Foundation.
So you may be asking, why did I start Next Generation Philanthropy? The answer is quite simple; I was born and raised in Fresno and I am proud of my community. My goal and ambition is to make the Central Valley a better place for my friends and family. As a young professional, my colleagues and friends were always negative about our region. Rather than participate in the pessimism, I decided to promote a new narrative of positive change and hope for our future. As more and more people came to understand what NGP was trying to do, they joined the group’s efforts with a hope to improve the quality of life for their children and families.
NGP was founded on the principles of giving our time, talent, and treasure collectively to make a larger impact. We have grown from 16 members in our first year to 43 members participating in the third year of the program. Our short term goal is to start an Administrative Endowment to create a more sustainable model for the group’s efforts. We also have a long term goal to multiply our impact and leadership into new communities across the Central Valley.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Next Generation Philanthropy please contact me: email@example.com or 559-490-7030
I would also like to invite you to next week’s CVCF Community Conversation, which will focus on Next Generation Philanthropy. Lunch will be served at 11:30am and the program begins at noon. I hope you can join us.
Tuesday July 19
NextGen Community Conversation
Central Valley Community Foundation, Center for Community
5260 N. Palm Ave. Suite 122
Fresno, CA 93704