Mission and Vision
The mission of Exceptional Parents Unlimited is to support, empower, and strengthen the families and children who face remarkable challenges regarding medical, developmental, and parenting issues. Their vision and hope is that each child is able to grow up in a family where their individual needs are met. To make this possible, Exceptional Parent Unlimited works with the parents to gain confidence and work to meet those needs and gain a sense of comfort with their situation.
Programs and Services
- Family Resource Center: provides parents with special needs with parent-to-parent support, information about special needs, and training in effective advocacy for their children from the start
- Infant Family Program: this program is aimed to benefit children aged between birth and three years who may have delayed development, identified disabilities, or a medical condition which affects their development
- Gentle Start: monitors, supports, and enhances the development of infants who face various challenges that may place them at a higher risk for developmental difficulties
- Learn About Parenting: targets Parents who may be overwhelmed with life’s circumstances; including: recovery of drug and alcohol abuse, teen parents, and those parents with disabilities to prevent child abuse
- Play and Grow: allows all children involved in an Exceptional Parents Unlimited program to play on the therapeutic playgrounds
- Assessment Center For Children: offers children (ages birth through five) with assessment services
- S.O.A.R: provides individuals and families with an educational system as the exit Exceptional Parents Unlimited. S.O.A.R. stands for Self awareness, Overcoming obstacles, Achieving success, and Reaching for the stars
Other Exceptional Parents Unlimited Facts
- Between 800 and 900 children and families are seen at Exceptional Parents Unlimited each week
- The programs aim to incorporate the whole family: the special needs child, the parents, and siblings
- There are more the 100 therapists and early childhood specialists employed at Exceptional Parents Unlimited
- Funding comes from a variety of sources: local, state, federal, foundation grants, and individual donors
Donate Via Mail
To support this fund, make your checks payable to
Central Valley Community Foundation.
Please write the fund name on the memo line.
You can mail donations to:
5260 N. Palm Avenue
Fresno, CA 93704
Central Valley Community Foundation is a 501c-3 non-profit, tax ID# 77-0478025, any contribution is considered a tax-deductible gift.