Become a Member:
CVCCGP and NACGP welcome new members from both advisory and nonprofit communities. Dual membership in NACGP and CVCCGP provides full access to NACGP’s website, including outstanding planned giving resources, blog opportunities to connect with experienced planned giving professionals as well as real-time information about legislative initiatives pending in Congress. Dual membership also provides access to information about local council events.
Joining only the local chapter (CVCCGP) does not include full NACGP website access but offers meaningful opportunities to network with local cross-discipline professionals and the chance to support bringing national caliber planned giving programming to the Central Valley.
To join the local chapter only, use the PayPal button below.
Click here to learn more or join both national and local council organizations.
October 3, 2019 | 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Topic TBD, jointly hosted with Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Section of the Fresno County Bar Association.
The 2019 Planned Giving Symposium was held on June 12, 2019 at Pardini’s in Fresno. It was attended by approximately 75 professional advisors and nonprofit professionals. Our speakers included Gregory W. Baker, JD, Executive VP, Legal Services at RenPSG and Jared Callister, Attorney with Fishman, Larsen & Callister.
To view the general session presentation, Planting the Seeds of Charitable Giving Strategies with Complex Assets by Greg Baker, click the video below:
Luncheons Co-Hosted with AFP CA Valley Chapter:
- July 16, 2019 – “Lab Rats, A/B Testing and How to Attract Donors with Email Marketing” – Speaker: Andy Ragone, Crescendo, monthly meeting of AFP, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Pardini’s
- April 11, 2019 – “Planned Giving 1-2-3” – Speaker: Andy Ragone, Crescendo, monthly meeting of AFP, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Pardini’s. Click here for presentation slides.
NACGP Educational Resources:
- The (Baltimore) Raven Says Nevermore: Creative Advanced Gift Annuity Planning by Bryan Clontz
- Storytelling for Gift Planning Success: Your Roadmap for Collectiong Great Stories Outline by Dan Harris & Sara Silva Montgomery
- 8 Cool Ways to Give Using CRTs by Gregory W. Baker
- Preparing for and Optimizing Donor Visits by Olga Briker
- Gifts From Cousin Eddie: Acceptance, Ownership & Management of Bizarre Assets by Megan C. Sanders
- Grandparents are on Facebook: Social Media’s Impact on Planned Giving by Michael Hutney, Steve Maughan and Cara Holland
- A Package That Ticks May Contain a Large Complex Gift by Roger Dearth and Robert Gilpin
Central Valley Council of Charitable Gift Planners (“CVCCGP”) is a local council of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (NACGP), a national professional association that provides education, resources and advocacy related to philanthropic giving. NACGP is a “robust network of gift planning professionals at all levels” who are dedicated to “elevating the art and science of charitable gift planning.”
CVCCGP, formerly known locally as “Leave a Legacy”, began as a planned giving outreach education effort of the Fresno Regional Foundation, now the Central Valley Community Foundation (CVCF). CVCCGP is led by a small board including members of CVCF as well as local advisory and nonprofit professionals. The local CVCCGP board works to raise awareness of the benefits of planned giving along with offering technical information about how to cultivate planned gifts. Our mission is to bring the world of philanthropy to estate planning and to bring estate planning to the world of philanthropy. Our goal is to stimulate more philanthropic giving throughout the Central Valley.
2019 Board Members:
- President – Kerri Horn
- Past President – Ed Chetan Edwin
- Vice President – Kim Herold
- Secretary – Gary Renner
- Treasurer – Lynne Pietz
For more information:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.