Support Organization Fund
Establishing a supporting organization at the Central Valley Community Foundation (CVCF) is an excellent alternative to a private foundation with only a fraction of the administrative responsibilities.
How it works:
- Though connected to CVCF, the support organization fund you establish is a separate charitable entity that bears your name, the name of your family or business, or honors any person or organization you choose. The minimum amount required to open a fund is $50,000.
- You can have a great deal of control over your grant-making without the burdens of operating a separate private foundation.
- You maintain personal involvement and support the causes you care about most, while enjoying the favorable tax treatment of a public charity.
- Your contributions may yield a greater tax deduction than those made to a private foundation. The supporting organization is not subject to other private foundation rules and regulations, such as paying an excise tax or making a minimum payout each year.
- We take care of investment management, startup costs, grant administration, and reporting.
CVCF has been a trusted partner in philanthropy for more than 50 years. We cultivate smart philanthropy, lead and invest in solutions that build stronger communities. Our fundholders are making a meaningful difference right here in the Central Valley and you can join them in this important work.